Mia Betts – Legionella Consultant
Mia Betts is an experienced consultant with Legionella Control International delivering a range of specialist services to clients throughout the UK. These include legionella and water safety risk assessments, compliance auditing, general consultancy services; and legionella and water safety training.
Mia has experience operating in the legionella control and water safety and sectors, including key account management, health and safety training, legionella and water safety risk assessments and water hygiene engineering. She has worked on a wide range of projects involving hospitals and healthcare premises, schools and universities, care homes, social housing, hotels; and industrial and other commercial facilities throughout the UK.
Mia has experience in delivering legionella and other water safety related risk management solutions, she regularly presents City & Guilds accredited training courses at all levels, and provides consultancy and advisory services to clients.
Mia is able to advise on current safety legislation regarding the control of legionella in water systems including the Health & Safety Executives ACOP L8, HSG274, BS 8580 and the Department of Health’s HTM 04-01.
- Experienced health and safety professional with a deep understanding of UK health and safety law and regulatory systems as they relate to water safety and the control of legionella and other waterborne pathogens in the workplace
- Delivery of expert advice and support to clients across all sectors on legionella and water safety risk assessments, water hygiene engineering, development of water safety risk management programmes and auditing, microbiological and water sampling matters
- Experienced trainer, delivering City & Guilds accredited water safety training at awareness, intermediate and advanced levels
- A strong scientific background, highly motivated, with a diligent and analytical approach to work
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes to agreed time scales
Specific Areas of Expertise
- Carrying out detailed water safety, legionella and pseudomonas risk assessments of water systems including hot and cold, cooling systems and other systems.
- Delivering specialist training courses covering legionella and other waterborne pathogens, at awareness, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Development of legionella and water safety risk management programmes, through to final report stage, client presentation and project implementation.
- The development and delivery of professional health and safety, engineering and legionella training.
- Specialist advice concerning the development of strategic environmental risk management plans dealing with health and safety risks associated with Legionnaires’ disease and other waterborne pathogens in the workplace.
- Working closely with clients to ensure their Health & Safety compliance obligations are met.
Expert Legionella Assistance
For further information and expert assistance regarding legionella risk management and compliance issues please call 0330 223 36 86 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or send your questions to us here … contact us →