Legionella Compliance for Care Homes - Self-Audit Tool
Legionella compliance for residential care homes, nursing homes and healthcare premises is an essential process that must be carefully managed as the consequences of getting it wrong can be serious.
Operators, owners and managers of such healthcare premises have clearly defined obligations that must be fulfilled if they are to remain compliant with the rules and regulations governing the control and management of legionella related risks in such care homes and residential nursing homes.
Our legionella compliance self-audit for care homes is quick and easy to complete and will rapidly identify whether your organisation is compliant with the law regarding the control and management of legionella risks.
This free legionella compliance self-audit checklist has been written by our healthcare sector specialists specifically for operators and managers of residential care homes, nursing homes and similar healthcare premises.
The self-audit tool is quick and easy to complete and will rapidly identify whether your organisation is compliant with current legislation which includes the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Department of Health (DoH) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
This self-audit checklist deals with compliance under the following documents:
- Health & Safety Executive's Approved Code of Practice & Guidance (ACoP) L8 - "Legionnaires' disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems".
- Health & Safety Executive: HSG274 Legionnaires’ disease: Technical guidance Parts 1, 2 & 3.
- Department of Health Estates and Facilities Division, Health Technical Memorandum 04-01: The control of Legionella, hygiene, “safe” hot water, cold water and drinking water systems (HTM 04-01).
These documents form the basis around which the control of legionella and Legionnaires' disease related risks are managed in residential care homes and they are enforceable under the following legislation:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Our "Legionella Compliance Self-Audit Checklist for Care Homes" is currently only available to recognised healthcare professionals, care and nursing home operators. To receive your copy please complete and submit the following form.
To receive a full copy of this guide please complete and submit this form:
All fields marked (*) are required
Expert Legionella Assistance