LCA 9010 is a City & Guilds accredited two day classroom based legionella training course designed specifically for candidates who have been appointed the "Responsible Person" in accordance with the Health & Safety Executive's (HSE) Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L8 “Legionnaires' disease: Control of legionella bacteria in water systems”.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is ideal for candidates who have been appointed as the "Responsible Person" or deputy responsible person in accordance the HSE's ACOP L8.
Typical candidates will have day-to-day responsibility for the management and control of legionella risks created by hot and cold water services, and other engineered water systems that may present a risk (excluding cooling systems - refer to LCA 9011).
Candidates will gain a detailed understanding of both the current regulatory framework specific to the control of legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems, and other risk systems; and those steps required to achieve compliance with the law.
Additionally, this course will also give candidates the skills and technical knowledge to implement, manage and review appropriate legionella control measures and risk management strategies specific to hot and cold water systems, and other engineered water systems that may present a risk (excluding cooling systems - refer to LCA 9011) in accordance with the HSE's ACOP L8, and the health and safety guidance documents HSG274 Parts 2 and 3.
Course Pre-Qualification Requirements
None, although prior knowledge of health and safety management, engineered water systems and issues dealing with the control of legionella risks would be of benefit.
- Knowledge of the origins of Legionnaires’ disease, legionella bacteria and the multiplication factors which allow it to proliferate in engineered water systems.
- The specific role of the appointed competent person, known as the "Responsible Person".
- Awareness of current legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- HSE ACOP L8 document “Legionnaires' disease: Control of legionella bacteria in water systems”.
- HSE HSG274 Part 2 - "Legionnaires' disease - Technical guidance: The control of legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems".
- HSE HSG274 Part 3 - "Legionnaires' disease - Technical guidance: The control of legionella bacteria in other risk systems".
- Basic design of water systems including “other” risk systems.
- Contractor management.
- Interpreting and reviewing legionella risk assessments as defined in BS 8580:2010.
- Interpreting and reviewing logbooks (electronic and paper).
- Practical skills for monitoring and inspecting hot and cold water systems.
- Learning from case studies.
- Examination – assessment and test of competence.
- Discussion and feedback.
On successful completion of this course candidates will receive a City & Guilds "Certificate of Attainment" for this course.
This certificate should be retained as evidence of formal training in this subject.
Training Course Dates
For details of all public training courses, dates and venues please select the following link ... training dates and venues
For additional information or to book a course ...