The Control of Legionella in Cooling Systems, training course module LC4 is the fourth of our online legionella training courses and although not compulsory it does form an integral part of our online legionella training programme. This course is particularly relevant to those responsible for the management and/or operation of cooling water systems, including evaporative cooling systems and cooling towers.
This course provides a review of those issues associated with the control of legionella bacteria in cooling water systems, including cooling towers and provides specific information and guidance on the management of legionellosis risks presented by such engineered water systems.
Subjects Covered in Module LC4
- An introduction to cooling systems.
- Types of cooling system including cooling towers, evaporative condensers ...
- Key elements of good design to be considered.
- Risk levels.
- Legionella risk assessments.
- Procedures for the safe operation of cooling systems.
- Water treatment regimes.
- Record keeping and the site logbook.
- Routine monitoring and analysis.
- Cooling system cleaning and disinfection procedures.
This training module concludes with a multiple choice style examination comprising 2 sections, each section containing 10 questions selected from the course material (total question count is 20).
The duration of the examination is 40 minutes and the pass threshold is 70%.
3 examination attempts are allowed.
Module LC4 - 1 user licence = £99*
Multiple user licences ... pricing schedule
New User ... Register (select "New user?")
Registered User ... Login
*All prices quoted pounds sterling per licence, excluding VAT where applicable.