Controlling legionella in cooling towers and cooling water systems forms the basis of our online training course module LC4. It is the fourth of our City & Guilds accredited online legionella training courses and although not compulsory it does form an integral part of our online legionella training programme. This course is particularly relevant to those responsible for the management and/or operation of cooling water systems, including evaporative cooling systems and cooling towers.
This course provides a review of those issues associated with the control of legionella bacteria in cooling water systems, including cooling towers and air conditioning systems and provides specific information and guidance on the management of legionellosis risks presented by such engineered water systems.
Subjects Covered in the Legionella Control for Cooling Towers & Cooling Systems
- An introduction to cooling water systems.
- Types of cooling system including cooling towers, evaporative condensers, air conditioning systems ...
- Key elements of good design to be considered.
- Risk levels associated with cooling water systems.
- Legionella risk assessments for cooling towers and other similar systems.
- Procedures for the safe operation of cooling systems.
- Water treatment regimes.
- Record keeping and the site logbook.
- Routine monitoring and analysis.
- Cooling system cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Legionella control in cooling towers training module concludes with a multiple choice style examination comprising 2 sections, each section containing 10 questions selected from the course material (total question count is 20).
The duration of the examination is 40 minutes and the pass threshold is 70%.
3 examination attempts are allowed.
Module LC4 - 1 user licence = £99*
Multiple user licences ... pricing schedule
To purchase this cooling tower training course or others, or for more information please call us on +44 (0) 161 877 0586 or contact us.
New User ... Register (select "New user?")
Registered User ... Login
*All prices quoted pounds sterling per licence, excluding VAT where applicable.