The History of Legionellosis, training module LC1 is the first of our compulsory online training courses and forms an essential part of our legionella training programme. The course provides a good introduction to the subject and covers a number of fundamental issues that help to develop a sound basis for further study of those issues around the subjects of Legionnaires’ disease and the management of legionella risks in water systems.
Subjects Covered in Module LC1
- What is Legionnaires' disease?
- A review of those identified legionella species.
- Details of major UK cases of legionellosis.
- Details of international outbreaks of Legionnaires' disease.
- An expert viewpoint.
- The causal chain of Legionnaires' disease.
- Where is legionella bacteria is found?
- What is Legionellosis and how do people catch it?
- What are the growth conditions for legionella bacteria?
- The legal framework of control.
- Do we have effective risk management controls?
- A review of UK legionella legislation and sources of guidance.
- Legionella legislation worldwide
- International legionella standards for cooling water
- Practical guidance for carrying out a legionella risk assessment.
- Practical guidance for managing the legionella risk.
- Practical guidance for the implementation of control schemes.
- Controlling legionella bacteria using temperature.
- A review of major known foreseeable risk systems associated with legionella.
This training module concludes with a multiple choice style examination comprising 2 sections, each section containing 10 questions selected from the course material (total question count is 20).
The duration of the examination is 40 minutes and the pass threshold is 70%.
3 examination attempts are allowed.
Training package - modules LC1, LC2 & LC3 - 1 user licence = £199*
Multiple user licences ... pricing schedule
New User ... Register (select "New user?")
Registered User ... Login
*All prices quoted pounds sterling per licence, excluding VAT where applicable.