Bernie Jones – Senior Legionella Consultant
Bernie Jones is a senior consultant with Legionella Control International. Since the early 1980’s Bernie has been involved in many aspects of industrial and commercial water treatment, and the delivery of legionella related services to commercial, industrial and institutional market places throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
Bernie is an experienced Authorising Engineer (Water) and is an active member of the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management (IHEEM), the UK’s largest specialist Institute for the Healthcare Estates Sector.
He studied Chemistry at North East Wales Institute (now Glyndŵr University) and has held a number of senior management and operational roles primarily in the industrial and commercial water treatment, and water hygiene sectors.
Having worked for one of the world’s largest international water treatment, hygiene and environmental companies (GE Water & Process Technologies) for 30 + years, Bernie has extensive operational and senior management experience, progressing from laboratory technician through field service management and consultancy roles in the industry.
Bernie has extensive experience in delivering legionella and other water safety related risk management solutions, he regularly presents City & Guilds accredited training courses at all levels, and delivers pragmatic consulting and related advisory services to clients.
Bernie has advised many of the world’s leading organisations, helping them to achieve regulatory compliance on matters relating to the control of legionella and other waterborne pathogens in the workplace.
Specific Areas of Expertise
- Specialist advice concerning the development of strategic environmental risk management plans dealing with health and safety risks associated with Legionellosis and other waterborne pathogens in complex industrial, commercial and healthcare water systems.
- Advising on regulatory compliance issues associated with the control of legionella bacteria and other waterborne pathogens in water systems.
- The development and implementation of operational health and safety risk management programmes.
- Project management expertise associated with the implementation and co-ordination of small, medium and large scale legionella risk management programmes, through to final report stage, client presentation and project implementation.
- Expert advice concerning the control and management of micro-organisms including legionella bacteria and other waterborne pathogens in industrial and commercial water systems.
- The development and delivery of professional health and safety, water treatment, engineering and legionella training covering all levels.
- Broad and deep knowledge of all aspects of industrial and commercial water treatment and specifically trained and competent in legionella compliance.
- Proven technical ability, particularly in water treatment and regulatory compliance.
- Experienced Authorising Engineer (Water) and member of the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management (IHEEM).
- Certified Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well-practised at all levels, internally and externally.
- Communication skills including presentations, training and marketing communication.
- ‘Virtual team’ participation and management skills.
- Competent in process improvement, problem definition and resolution.
- English first language, fluent Welsh speaking.
Expert Legionella Assistance
For further information and expert assistance regarding legionella risk management and compliance issues please call 0330 223 36 86 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or send your questions to us here … contact us →