Chris Keeling – Senior Legionella Consultant
Chris Keeling is a senior legionella consultant with Legionella Control International. He is an experienced water treatment specialist and has worked for Legionella Control International for a number years.
Chris began his career in water systems on leaving school with five years plumbing and heating apprenticeship. He has over 40 years’ experience of water systems from apprenticeship through installation work and management positions to his current role which includes travelling extensively throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa delivering legionella and water safety risk assessment services, specialist training and independent auditing.
Chris has been a full member of the UK’s Water Management Society since November 2000. He has extensive experience specific to legionella risk assessments including carrying out legionella risk assessments for many of the UK and world most prestigious companies including Marriot Hotels, Marks & Spencer, Boots the Chemist, Ministry of Defence, British Airport Authority, United Utilities, Treatment Plants for Dwr Cymru-Welsh Water, Nuclear and Petro-Chemical sites. Also, local authorities, police authorities and fire departments.
Specific Areas of Expertise
- Specialist advice concerning the development of risk management plans dealing with health and safety risks associated with Legionellosis and other waterborne pathogens in industrial and commercial water systems.
- Advising on regulatory compliance issues associated with the control of legionella bacteria and other waterborne pathogens in water systems.
- Project management expertise associated with the implementation and co-ordination of small, medium and large scale legionella risk management programmes, through to final report stage, client presentation and project implementation.
- Expert advice concerning the control and management of micro-organisms including legionella bacteria and other waterborne pathogens in industrial and commercial water systems.
- The development and delivery of professional health and safety engineering and legionella training covering all levels.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of industrial and commercial water treatment and legionella compliance.
- Proven technical ability, particularly in water treatment and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well-practised at all levels, internally and externally.
- Communication skills including presentations, training and marketing communication.
Industry Specific Training
- City & Guilds Accreditation in Legionella Risk Assessments including Cooling Towers.
- City & Guilds Accreditation in domestic and non-domestic gas installation and fault diagnostics.
- Numerous relevant water related courses including BS012 Water Regulations for Building Services and BS4 Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment of Water Systems within Buildings.
Expert Legionella Assistance
For further information and expert assistance regarding legionella risk management and compliance issues please call 0330 223 36 86 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or send your questions to us here … contact us →