Matthew Polhill – Legionella Consultant
Matthew Polhill is a legionella and water safety specialist delivering a range of services including legionella and water safety risk assessments, independent auditing and legionella training to clients.
Matthew is a full member of the Water Management Society and has over 11 years’ experience operating in the legionella control, water hygiene and industrial water treatment sectors. He has experience in account management, safety training, legionella and water safety risk assessments and water hygiene engineering. He has worked on a wide range of contracts involving hospitals and healthcare premises, social housing, universities, multinational hotel chains; and industrial, offices and other commercial facilities throughout the UK.
Matthew has undertaken various NVQ, IOSHH and City & Guilds accredited water hygiene and risk management training courses. He is able to advise on the current legislation regarding the control of legionella in water systems including the Health & Safety Executives ACOP L8, HSG274, BS 8580 and the Department of Health’s HTM 04-01.
- Matthew is an experienced health and safety professional with an excellent understanding of UK health and safety law and regulatory systems as they relate to water safety and the control of legionella and other waterborne pathogens in the workplace.
- Delivery of expert advice and support to clients across all sectors on legionella and water safety risk assessments, water hygiene engineering, development of water safety risk management programmes and auditing, microbiological and water sampling matters.
- Safety trainer, delivering City & Guilds accredited water safety training at awareness, intermediate and advanced levels.
- A strong technical background, highly motivated, with a diligent and analytical approach to work.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes to agreed time scales.
- Full member of the Water Management Society.
Areas of Expertise
- Carrying out detailed legionella and water safety risk assessments of engineered water systems including hot and cold and other risk systems.
- Delivering specialist training courses covering legionella and other waterborne pathogens, at awareness, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Development of legionella risk management control programmes, through to final report stage, client presentation and project implementation.
- The development and delivery of professional health and safety, engineering and legionella training.
- Specialist advice concerning the development of strategic environmental risk management plans dealing with health and safety risks associated with Legionellosis and other waterborne pathogens.
- Working closely with clients building an extensive rapport to ensure their Health & Safety compliance obligations are fulfilled.
- Preparation of schematic drawings on simple and complex facilities.
- City and Guilds Accredited L8 Compliance Monitoring Technician
- City and Guilds Accredited certificate (roles and responsibilities of the appointed person) Legionella
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Water Distribution Systems
- I.O.S.H – Managing Safely – Certified
- City and Guilds module 2 (Management of L8 Risk Assessment and Control Schemes)
- Member of the Water Management Society (M.W.M.Soc)
Expert Legionella Assistance
For further information and expert assistance regarding legionella risk management and compliance issues please call 0330 223 36 86 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or send your questions to us here … contact us →