Paul Woodroffe – Senior Legionella Consultant
Paul Woodroffe is an experienced legionella and water safety consultant delivering a range of specialist services including legionella and water safety risk assessments, independent auditing, consultancy services and legionella training.
Paul holds a degree in Combined Sciences (Environmental Monitoring), he is a full member of the Water Management Society and has over 16 years’ experience operating in the legionella control, water hygiene and industrial water treatment sectors. He has experience in key account management, health and safety training, legionella and water safety risk assessments and water hygiene engineering. He has worked on a wide range of contracts involving hospitals and healthcare premises, social housing, multinational hotel chains; and industrial, offices and other commercial facilities throughout the UK.
Paul has experience in delivering legionella and other water safety related risk management solutions, he regularly presents City & Guilds accredited training courses at all levels, and provides consultancy and advisory services to clients.
Paul has undertaken various accredited water hygiene and risk management training courses that are recognised by City & Guilds, and the Water Management Society. Paul is able to advise on the current legislation regarding the control of legionella in water systems including the Health & Safety Executives ACOP L8, HSG274, BS 8580 and the Department of Health’s HTM 04-01.
Areas of Expertise
- Carrying out detailed legionella and water safety risk assessments of all engineered water systems including hot and cold, cooling water and other systems.
- Delivering specialist training courses covering legionella and other waterborne pathogens, at awareness intermediate and advanced levels.
- Development of legionella risk management reviews and control programmes, through to final report stage, client presentation and project implementation.
- The development and delivery of professional health and safety, engineering and legionella training.
- Specialist advice concerning the development of strategic environmental risk management plans dealing with health and safety risks associated with Legionellosis and other waterborne pathogens.
- Working closely with clients building an extensive rapport to ensure their Health & Safety compliance obligations are fulfilled.
- Preparation of schematic drawings on simple and complex facilities.
- Experienced health and safety professional with a deep understanding of UK health and safety law as it relates to the control of legionella and other waterborne pathogens in engineered water systems.
- A strong technical background, highly motivated, with a diligent and analytical approach to work.
- Excellent communicator with an outgoing personality and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes to agreed time scales.
- City and Guilds 201 – General Engineering
- BTEC National Diploma in Science
- Electronics AS Level
- University of Derby – Combined Sciences (Environmental Monitoring)
- City and Guilds – Legionella Log Book Awareness
- City and Guilds – Water Risk Assessments in Building Water Systems
- W.M.Soc Accredited – Legionella & Microbial Ecology Awareness
- LCA9000, LCA9001, LCA9006 – internal training courses from LCI
- Full member of the Water Management Society(M.W.M.Soc)
Expert Legionella Assistance
For further information and expert assistance regarding legionella risk management and compliance issues please call 0330 223 36 86 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or send your questions to us here … contact us →