Guide to Legionella Compliance in Care Homes
Legionella compliance for care homes, nursing homes and healthcare premises is an essential process that must be carefully managed as the consequences of getting it wrong can be serious. Operators, owners and managers of residential care and healthcare premises have clearly defined obligations set out by the Care Quality Commission and the Health & Safety Executive.These must be fulfilled if care homes are to remain compliant with the rules and regulations governing the control and management of Legionnaires’ disease and legionella risks in care homes and residential nursing homes.
Our legionella compliance checklist for care homes is quick and easy to complete and will rapidly identify whether your organisation is compliant with the law regarding the control and management of legionella risks.
Legionella Checklist for Care Homes
Our legionella compliance checklist has been written by our healthcare sector specialists specifically for operators and managers of residential care homes, nursing homes and similar healthcare premises.
The self-audit tool is quick and easy to complete and will rapidly identify whether your organisation is compliant with current legislation which includes the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Department of Health (DoH) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
UK Legislation & Guidance
This audit checklist deals primarily with regulatory compliance under the following documents:
- Health & Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice ACOP L8 – “Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems”.
- Health & Safety Executive: HSG274 Legionnaires’ disease: Technical guidance Parts 1, 2 & 3.
- Health & Safety Executive: HSG220 Health and Safety in Care Homes
- Department of Health Estates and Facilities Division, Health Technical Memorandum 04-01: Safe water in healthcare premises (HTM 04-01).
These documents form the basis around which the control of legionella and Legionnaires’ disease related risks are managed in residential care homes and they are enforceable under the following legislation:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Care Home Legionella Assessment Checklist
Our legionella checklist for care homes” is currently only available to recognised healthcare professionals, care and nursing home operators.
Request a Copy of our Legionella Checklist for Care Homes
To receive a full copy of this legionella checklist call us today on 0330 223 36 86 or get in touch here … contact us
Expert Legionella Risk Management Assistance Healthcare Operators
For further information and expert assistance regarding legionella risk management and compliance issues in care homes and healthcare environments call us today on 0330 223 36 86 or get in touch here … contact us